Each of us has a story of what Jesus has done in our lives. As we share it with others, it can also reveal the Good News.
What is my story? Think about:
- What was your life like before you decided to follow Jesus? (Or how has your life changed as you have followed Jesus?)
- What happened to lead you to a point where you would surrender your life to Jesus? (Or how are you continuing to surrender?)
- How is your life changing as you grow in your relationship with Jesus?
- What points of connection are there between the things you are learning and friends/family who have not yet surrendered to Jesus?
How can I share my story? Remember:
- Your story is about your relationship with Jesus and should point more to Him than to you.
- Your story is not over. It continues with each day as you grow in your walk with Jesus, so be ready to talk about what you are learning now.
- Be careful that your words are loving — not just to the person you are speaking with but also toward the people and churches that have been part of your journey.
- Your story should be easily understood, so be simple and avoid Christian jargon! What would you say if you only had three minutes or a whole lunch?
- Practice your story with another Christian.
Now look for an opportunity to share your story with someone else!
Have a question or comment on today's reading? Use the comments box below.
Please include the Day as a reference at the beginning of your remarks. Thank you.
Copyright © 2014 by Walnut Hill Community Church
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or scholarly journal.
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Share us with your friends